By Beth Zeigler
Pretzels and beer are the perfect combination. So why not try the beer-infused pretzels at The Village Bakery & Cafe (pictured above). The Atwater bakery serves up the softest selection for $2.50 using a yummy selection of beers, reports Squid Ink. They’re usually available Wednesday through Sunday, but this week you will have to wait until Saturday to pick up a pretzel. Squid Ink
Speaking of beer … step inside Eagle Rock Brewery for a free tour of the Glassell Park brewery and indulge in a beer (or two) to celebrate learning something new.
Click on the link below for non-beer deals and shopping news …
- The recent inclement weather doesn’t have to ruin your kids outdoor play dates. The Awesome Playground in Highland Park has an awesome indoor facility with tons of awesome toys that will have everyone screaming—awesome! Grand Opening Celebration this Saturday.
- The new Silver Lake Natural Food Market is closer to Echo Park than Trader Joes but the parking situation might prove more difficult. More details in Squid Ink.
- You can finally cross “write novel” off your to-do list (or at least get it started). Sign up for the “Finding Your Secret Story Workshop” at Stories Books & Cafe in Echo Park this Saturday.
- The Pantry Café just opened its doors in he cozy, quiet neighborhood of Hermon (Highland Park adjacent). Lunch and dinner offerings as well as free Wi-Fi.
- Take a stroll down the quaint and delightful shops of Highland Park’s York Boulevard. Among the eye catching finds: vintage threads, a specialty eyeglass store and The Bike Doctor for your eco-friendly lifestyle. More details in Occidental Weekly.
Send your shopping and store news to Beth Zeigler at [email protected]