By Beth Zeigler
Need a Zagat guide for Echo Park? Look no further. The L.A. Times has cozied up to Echo Park last week by listing every bar and restaurant within walking distance. My all time faves are Masa Bakery and The Park (pictured above), and I’ve been looking forward to checking out 1642 and Dinner House M to cap off the perfect local evening. LA Times
- I can count count off the number of cookbooks I know by name on one hand (make that 2 fingers). So while you won’t find me putting Canal House Cooking on my Amazon wish list, I am stoked that if I wanted to purchase a hard-to-find culinary read I could hop over to Cookbook on Echo Park Avenue for rare finds and recommendations. LA Weekly
- If you would have told me 10 years ago that I’d have vinyl in my house, I would have been extremely bummed (thank god they were talking about records and not hot pants). Add to your own vinyl collection this weekend with Rockaway Records sale on Sunday, December 12 when everything at the Silver Lake music store will be discounted.
Click on the link below for holiday shopping events in Echo Park and Silver Lake and where to find of purveyors of “bad ass chic” in Eagle Rock.
- Do you know the proper do’s and don’t’s at holiday parties? Do show up with a good attitude. Don’t drink all the booze. You can practice both at Tavin’s Holiday party this Saturday and Sunday from 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Everything in the Echo Park store will be 15% off — plus they’ll have kettle corn and live music!
- While everyone’s holiday shopping list probably includes some naughty folks (as well as some nice ones), my new favorite Eagle Rock blog has rounded up presents for the true badass gal in your life. And while I really can’t relate to this badass chic, I can identify with her tastes. I’ll take both handbags listed (from MediaNoche and Lady) and don’t forget to throw in a Water Jasmine Skeem candle from Owl Talk. Eagle Rock Patch
- If I’m home on Friday afternoons, I always make a point of heading over to the Echo Park Farmer’s Market. It’s quaint, within walking distance and I always score something yummy to cook up for the weekend. This Friday, do some holiday shopping while you’re there with gifts like Protea Wreathes, Dried Fruit and Nut Gift Boxes and Holiday Begonia Cradles.
- -Sounds like Echo Park is doing something similar to Silver Lake Holiday Nights Out. This Saturday from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m., enjoy sales along this corridor of Sunset (aka the other Sunset Strip). Stories Books and Cafe
Did we miss something? Send your shopping and store news to Beth Zeigler at [email protected]