By Beth Zeigler
It’s not as if my derriere really needs another pastry shop to open up in the neighborhood but it certainly won’t be boycotting Proof Bakery. I like that there isn’t a cupcake in sight in the Atwater Village bakery, which leads me to believe is carving out a style of their own. LA Weekly
Click on the link below for details on New Year’s sales in Echo Park; the hot dishes in Eagle Rock; and a post-holiday sale at Heritage Square.
- How many times can you say “entertain”? Feeding Birds Boutique in Echo Park would like you to drop this verbage at their upcoming entertainment sale – just in time to ring in the New Year (and get 10% off). Impress guests at this year’s 2011 bash with vintage barware that has everyone clinking in the new year!
- Just last night I was telling my beau that we needed to have a wine and cheese party after a friend supplied us with a sparkling new set of wine glasses for our Christmas present. It’s just my luck that Natalie (of The Travel Stylist) reminded me how gouda (I couldn’t resist) The Cheese Store of Silver Lake really is.
- Wanna know where the hottest male waiters are serving up L.A.’s finest dishes? Café Beaujolais, according to Eagle Rock Patch, where this week, they break down their favorite four dishes from last season’s pub crawl. I will also definitely be trying out Camilo’s California Bistro and their Tiramisu.
- A steady yoga practice would have helped my aching muscles this past week after showing my two-year-old niece how to do the proper cartwheel across the lawn. Luckily, Two Headed Horse (a multimedia production company in Echo Park) takes time out of their busy schedule to also teach yoga. Classes are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, donation based and their website warns to not be late for the 10:30 a.m. start time – The organizer in me loves this type A behavior.
- The one thing I always hate about Christmastime is that it comes and goes so fast. Yeah, I’m the one with the Christmas tree still up after New Year’s. So as you can imagine, I was stoked to find out that Heritage Square Museum in Montecito Heights is keeping their fabulous decorations up until January 15. And to boot, starting January 2, all of their holiday items in the Museum store will be on sale (50% off) so you can get a head start on Xmas 2011.
Did we miss something? Send your shopping and store news to Beth Zeigler at hello@theEastsiderLA.com.