- Silver Lake Stop Light Dedication: Los Angeles City Council President Eric Garcetti and City Councilmember Tom LaBonge will join members of the Silver Lake community to activate a new stop light on Silver Lake Boulevard that will make it easier and safer for residents to access the Meadow and the walking/jogging path at the reservoir. Councilman Garcetti and LaBonge will activate new stop light at Silver Lake Meadow (2300 block of Silver Lake Boulevard) on Saturday, September 3, at 10 am.
- Home For Kittens Wanted: “I am looking for a forever home for two adorable cats that used to live under my house. I made a little website for them.” http://adoptcalvinandtubbs.blogspot.com/ Echo Park. (Posted Aug. 16)
- Hand-Held Radio Training : A training session for the community on hand-held radio communication for use in crime prevention and disaster preparedness will be held on Sept 18 3:00-4:30PM at Alegria on Sunset, 3510 W. Sunset Blvd. A loaner radio is available to anyone who does not have one Sunday. Sponsored by the Silverlake Neighborhood Council Public Safety Committee Respond to: email@example.com
- Cat Hit By Car in Echo Park. “Last night [Aug 14] around 11pm or so I was walking up Echo Park Ave. [at Duane St]. As I was passing the yellow market with the shapes painted on the outside, I came across a cat that had just been hit by a car (the girl who was driving the car was standing by the cat, crying). It was a grey cat with black spots and a white belly, half white legs and a white triangle on its face as well as white cheeks, I believe. The cat was male and didn’t have a collar. It’s not there today – I guess it must have been removed. If you hear of anyone who is missing a cat that fits that description, please let them know.” (Posted Aug 15)
- Webmaster Wanted: The Silver Lake NC is looking for a webmaster August 17 at 7pm at Citibank. Attend and and share: 1. The Webmaster’s experience and credentials 2. Their proposed costs for services. You may be hired at the meeting, to handle the “maintenance” items such as but not limited to: posting agendas, entering emails to our database, fixing and scheduling events in the calendar. Click here for details. (Posted Aug. 12)
- Mom Support Group: Elyse Springer, MFT is facilitating a free support group for moms who have or think they may have postpartum depression, anxiety or trauma or even just difficulty adjusting to their role as mother, in honor of the Kelly Martinez Abraham Perinatal Depression Act. The group is held on Sundays from 10AM – 11:30AM from 8/14/11 to 9/18/11 in Silver Lake. To sign up, or for more information including address, please email firstname.lastname@example.org