- What does your old van say about your? | Photo by Orrin Anderson
- City to silence “bird repeller” after Echo Park neighbors start squawking
- Are Silver Lake burglars watching their weight?
- How much would you pay Silver Lake’s Five Dollar Guy to go away?
- Echo Park house undergoes stucco striptease
- Street sweepers steer clear of Silver Lake street
- Lincoln Park Gateway restored to its former glory – but for how long?
- “This Old House” makes a final visit to Silver Lake
- Dog owners growling about off-leash tickets in Elysian Park
- Will this author’s next book be titled “The Carnitas of Echo Park”?
- A look into landslides reveals Sunset Boulevard’s rocky past
- Elysian Heights hawk as hood ornament
- Maria the goose needs a new name
- A trip down memory lane via the Arroyo Seco Parkway
- 2010 Census reveals a decade of Echo Park demographic change
- What does Echo Park’s Citibank building have to do with Warren Zevon and Burrito King?
- What to do about Silver Lake’s tunnel of trouble
- Echo Park discount grocery store closes doors
- Victorian romance earns Angeleno Heights man a preservation award
- Who is going to clean up The Eagle Rock?
- Flying high above El Sereno
- Maybe they should rename it the Silver Lake Lawn
- WTF?! FTW graffiti returns to Echo Park billboard
- The cost of living at Sunset & Alvarado: $3,295 a-month
- Silver Lake Meadow rules leave dog owners growling
- Will a decaying Silver Lake church find salvation as a boutique hotel?
- Trouble brewing as coffee house owner wants to serve beer & wine
- Silver Lake’s Olive Motel draws notoriety of a different kind
- Woman spends Mother’s Day searching for answers in murder of her son
- Police release witness account of fatal Echo Park shooting
- What’s more annoying? Echo Park church bells or the horn blower by the lake?
- Safety and sadness at Dodger Stadium
- Do Northeast L.A. house flippers need a new style?
- Eagle Rock coffee house owner fears food trucks & pot shops will drive merchants away
- And the winner of the Sunset Junction design competition is …
- Silver Lake map maker draws attention
- An Arizona town reaps the rewards of a ’70s rock classic written in Echo Park
- A photographer’s focus on L.A. River bridges | Photo by Kevin Break
- Echo Park adjusts to life without a lake
- Silver Lake prepares to take a closer look at its homeless
- Jose “Crunchy” Espinosa is gone but his music lives on
- Soda lovers pour into Highland Park
- A cup of café perks up East L.A. political activism
- Who needs a Trader Joe’s? Indy supermarkets fill empty stores and parking lots across Northeast L.A.
- Echo Park Lake exposed | Photo by Darrell Kunitomi
- Storefront Report: It’s closing time for Silver Lake’s Coffee Table
- Drownings and despair fill the past of Echo Park Lake
- Silver Lake drivers discover that part of their driveways are no-parking zones
- Silver Lake council says “No” to “No Cruising” signs
- What will be found at the bottom of Echo Park Lake? A Bingo game offers some clues
- Echo Park gets ready to fill the Big Belly
- Echo Park woman gets her car back but she is not ready to celebrate
- Silver Lake gay landmark gets bulldozed
- Transformation underway at Boyle Heights landmark
- The Brown Widow leaves its mark on Montecito Heights
- Angeleno Heights preservation pioneer leaves behind a colorful memory of the neighborhood’s past
- Proposed L.A. River bridge in Atwater receives $4 million pledge
- Heavy drinking lands more Occidental College students in hospital
- Former Highland Park pet shop turns into a hot property
- Silver Lake gay nightclub to throw one last party
- Highland Park art project falls into foreclosure | Photo by Martha Benedict
- The cocaine, cars and Cartiers behind the FBI Atwater raid
- Eastside gets wind whipped | Photo courtesy Azzouz Amirouche
- Victorian Modern: Echo Park couple embraced the past when they built a new home
- Will tearing down a handball court reduce Eagle Rock crime?
- Silver Lake “road diet” would trim traffic lanes instead of carbs
- Echo Park Laundry Cycle: Wash, rinse, dance – repeat
- Morning skies over Montecito Heights | Photo by Martha Benedict
The Eastsider thanks the readers, sponsors, friends and family members who provided support during 2011. Best wishes to all for 2012.