A morning fire apparently ignited by a basement furnace caused an estimated $30,000 worth of damage to an Echo Park hillside home, firefighters said. The Park Drive home owned by club owner Steven Yablock was knocked in about 20 minutes, according to LAFD Capt. Rick Denning. No one was injured in the blaze that broke at about 9:45 a.m. It appeared that the fire had smoldered for a while before flames burned through the floors and up the walls. No one was home at the time but a neighbor smelled smoke and alerted firefighters to the blaze, Denning said.
Echo Park retail and residential project in the works after Sunset storefronts sell for $9.5 million
March 24, 2017
Where’s The Local Flavor? The Habit Burger to join Starbucks and Chipotle at Echo Park shopping center
March 23, 2017
March 22, 2017
March 20, 2017