TheEastsiderLA.com, one of the city’s largest neighborhood websites, is looking for an experienced Sales Representative to sell local online advertising. With an award-winning mix of original and curated content, The Eastsider has built a loyal and growing audience of readers who are deeply interested in their neighborhoods in the east and northeast sections of the City of Los Angeles. The Eastsider serves as an ideal vehicle for businesses and organizations seeking to reach this audience in a compelling and effective manner.
The Eastsider Sales Rep will be responsible for growing our banner and directory advertising business. Ideal candidates must not only have effective sales and customer service skills, but must also be good listeners, detail oriented, committed to building and maintaining long-term relationships and have an interest and love for the neighborhoods The Eastsider covers. The Eastsider Sales Rep can be expected call upon independent neighborhood merchants and also navigate corporate and government bureaucracies to find the right decision maker.
This is a 100% commission, independent outside sales job with a commission structure. monthly draw and performance bonuses designed to motivate and retain you for the long-term. Only one person,working from their home or mobile office, will be in charge of selling banner and directory advertising across the entire site.
Requirements: Preference will be given to candidates who with 3-5 years in sales and live in our coverage area; experience working with a CRM system; ability to conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner in all dealings with potential or existing customers; must be have own car; computer and mobile telephone; strong writing and verbal communication skills
Please send resume, references and salary expectations to [email protected]
Click here for more info about The Eastsider.
- Identify potential customers and generate sales leads through on-site cold calls, networking, etc
- Rep makes their own hours and will be expected to make time to attend business mixers and community events, etc in addition to sale calls.
- Generate and follow up on sales leads through phone calls, emails and on-site meetings
- Determine customer needs and issues through a consultative approach and make appropriate recommendations based on that information
- Become familiar with Eastsider sales rates, ad sizes and terms
- Provide accurate information about Eastsider ad rates and services to customers
- Close sales and arrangement for payment
- Collect payments from clients
- Follow up with existing clients to determine satisfaction and suggest changes
- Send out renewal notices and collect payment from existing customers
- Update CRM with all sales contacts, leads and sales activity
- Keep publisher updated about sales flow and progress.