After debuting this summer, the NELA Art Short Film Series returns tonight, Thursday, Dec. 6, with a second screening of films at the Highland Theatre in Highland Park. Five films, including Tumbleweed, which The Eastsider featured earlier this year, will be presented during the event, which will include a question and answer session with filmmakers and a post-screening party.
Film series director Alessandro Gentile, in an article with Patch, says he would eventually like to organize a film festival that would take place over several days and at multiple locations across Northeast Los Angeles.
Admission to tonight’s program is $10. The box office opens at 7 p.m. and the theater opens at 7:30 p.m.
Here’s tonight’s’ line up:
- “The Burying Beetle” / directed by Dave Rock; starring John Michael Higgins & Freddy Rodriguez
- “Tumbleweed!” / directed by Jared Varava; starring Peter Carlson
- “Threnody” / directed by Tyrrell Shaffner; starring Aaron Kyle & Amy Cale Peterson
- “Guitar Face” / directed by Chris Hanada & Tanner Kling; starring Drew Powell & Cassidy Freeman
- “Career Day” / directed by Ivette Garcia Davila; starring Alex Barreto & Angel Jimenez