The Independent Label Market returns to Silver Lake this weekend with a larger roster of indie music labels selling limited edition vinyl and other music products, more artist appearances and, of course, food trucks. Organizers said the one-day market, which will be held on Saturday at Micheltorena Elementary, provides music fans an opportunity to meet face-to-face with label owners and retailers instead of simply downloading music off the web.
In other Shopper & Diner news:
- Secret Headquarters in Silver Lake will celebrate Free Comic Book Day on Saturday not only with free comics but also with a 50% off and more Spring Cleaning sale on hundreds of books. There’s also a raffle to benefit 826LA, the literacy center with branches in Echo Park and Venice.
- Elf Cafe in Echo Park has begun serving beer and wine to complement its vegetarian menu, says Echo Park Now. Expect organic brews as well as a wine list featuring “biodynamic and natural, dry-farmed wines which utilize native yeasts and natural forms of pest control.” We assume they will taste good, too.
- Since cupcakes are over, what’s trending in terms of desserts and sweet stuff? How about gourmet doughnuts? That’s what you will find at the soon-to-open Donut Friend on York Boulevard in Highland Park, according to Eater L.A. What’s a gourmet donut? Try this: “Goat cheese, strawberry jam, basil, arugula inside a bismark donut, topped with a sugar glaze and balsamic reduction.”
- The Echo Park Farmers’ Market is now open until 7:30 p.m. on Fridays.
- With sales slower than he would like, Eric Brightwell, owner of Brightwell’s Mens Shop in Silver Lake, will be closing down at the end of June, according to Echo Park Patch.