Tonight the The Highland Park Show, a free stand-up comedy showcase at Cafe De Leche on York Boulevard, celebrates its one-year anniversary. In honor of the event, The Eastsider asked the organizers of the free, monthly show to come up with five funny things or jokes about Highland Park.
Here is what comedian and showmaster Cornelius Peter came up with (Drum roll, please):
- Q: How many hipsters does it take to change a neighborhood?
A: Doesn’t matter, once the first guy with an ironic mustache arrives the damage is done.
- The only thing higher than the rent in Highland Park are the tenants.
- Q: Why don’t hipster bikes have gears?
A: “I’m not a COG in some MACHINE man!!”
- Highland Park has a lot of art galleries and a lot of Mexican restaurants. We like to call it “artsy fartsy”.
- We used to tell people that Highland Park was “near Downtown”, but now to class it up we tell people it’s “near Downton”
Can you do better? Then perhaps it’s time to audition for a spot on the Highland Park Show. Tonight’s one-year anniversary performance begins at 7:45 p.m.