Grease is the word in Echo Park. Chopper Fever, an old timey, motorcyle-themed apparel company has just opened up in Echo Park. The Sunset Boulevard storefront sits above the owner’s current Sunrise Cycles custom motorcycle manufacturers. Owner Kosuke Saito notes he’s been waiting five years to open up a shop of this nature, expanding their chopper-loving lifestyle to clothing, pome, candles, and more.
In other Shopper & Diner news:
- You can rev up your taste buds in Eagle Rock as the new Max City BBQ has officially opened, says Eater LA. The Kickstarter-funded endeavor opened its doors on March 21, serving brisket, pulled pork and more.
- There’s a torta ahogada summoning hungry patrons to East L.A., notes LA Weekly. Taqueria Ameca’s specialty is the kind of spicy sandwich that might make your eyes water but will certainly have you asking for more.
- With some overcast days this week, L.A. is reminding us more of Great Britain than SoCal. Especially since The Morrison in Atwater Village has rejuvenated its Scottish gastropub menu. LA Biz Journal has high praise for its new modern look, and their signature filet mignon sliders.
- From the mythical Loch Ness to Bigfoot, Atwater’s eponymous watering hole was getting a little long in tooth. Eater LA reports that Bigfoot Lodge is now sporting a new cocktail list from the creative minds of Marcos Tello and Aidan Demarest (Liquid Assets).
* Correction: A previous version of this post said Bigfoot Lodge was located in Los Feliz. That’s wrong. Bigfoot Lodge is in Atwater Village.
Marni Epstein Epstein is an entertainment, music, and lifestyle Journalist and resident of Echo Park. She has previously worked in the film and digital media industries with FOX and Sony Pictures Entertainment. She is currently also pursuing a Masters in Historic Preservation.