- A 21-year-old construction worker was in custody for allegedly using a hammer to kill a fellow worker at a Silver Lake construction site, reports the L.A. Times. The two men had gotten into a dispute before the 20-year-old victim was bludgeoned in the face in the 4200 block of Burns Avenue.
- The Church on York in Highland Park shut down operations after a city Zoning Administrator denied it permission to host musical performances and operate a nightclub. “After nearly a year converting a 101 year old historic church into a community arts & music space, we have hit some severe roadblocks that have forced us to close our doors for good,” said a posting on the venue’s Facebook page.
- Police are asking the public for help to find the hit-and-run driver who struck an 18-year-old man Wednesday night on Fletcher Drive in Atwater Village, says CBS2.
News From Our Sponsors
- The Eastsider welcomes Riko Method School of Piano as a new advertising sponsor.
- For Memorial Day, Marinaccio Law is offering a 10% discount on estate planning services for all U.S. military, U.S. military veterans, and law enforcement. Offer is good through May 30, 2014.”
Some of these bangers need to take an art class or two. I have better can control and I don’t even tag. #eastLA
— paul (@p_dub92) May 23, 2014
Eastside Facts & Figures
8th Street & Soto Street | Boyle Heights
10 Traffic Collisions
Primary Cause: Unsafe Left Turns
Los Feliz Boulevard & Riverside Drive | Los Feliz
9 Traffic Collisions
Primary Cause: Unsafe Lane Changes