News & Notes:
- American Apparel founder Dov Charney, who owns a hilltop Silver Lake estate, lost his job as chairman of the company in the wake of an “ongoing investigation into alleged misconduct,” according to the L.A. Times. Charney has over the years been the subject of sexual harassment lawsuits by female workers.
- The L.A. Times chronicles the comeback of state lawmaker and Mount Washington resident Kevin de Leon, who this week became the leader of the California Senate.
- A funeral was held for 16-year-old Erick Ortiz, who drowned in an East L.A. public swimming pool during a school trip earlier this month, reports CBS2. Ortiz, described as a special needs student who needed a full-time attendant, died because of school district negligence, his family claims.
- Is the “love of your life” waiting inside this $449,0000, 360-square-foot Echo Park cottage?
- The Eastsider thanks B. Battles of Echo Park for purchasing a Reader Sponsorship.
The Eastside Events calendar is for occasional or monthly events. If you would like to publish events more frequently or purchase a featured Eastside Events Listing, please contact us for details.