News & Notes:
- A 17-year-old male was fatally shot and a 15-year-old boy injured in East Los Angeles on Friday afternoon after several people got out of a Dodge Charger and opened fire on the two victims on Ditman Avenue, reports CBS2.
- Police arrested a man suspected of attacking several MTA bus riders with a screw driver, including a passenger who was assaulted Friday morning in Cypress Park, reports KTLA. The passenger, identified as a man in his 50s, suffered injuries to his face when he was attacked while his bus drove near Figueroa Street and Avenue 26.
- Police arrest suspects involved in a Boyle Heights taco truck robbery and shooting, reports ABC7.
- Best to avoid the 710 and 5 freeway interchange in East L.A. this weekend. A deadly crash early this morning has shut down much of the interchange, with a long-term closure expected to allow contractors to assess damage to the structure, report CHP.
- Farm Fresh: Pot growers from around the state are scheduled to show and sell organic marijuana buds in Boyle Heights during a 4th of July “farmer’s market,” reports the L.A. Times.
Echo Park Chatter
There are very loud explosions that are not fireworks happening right now. And helicopters. Just another night in #echopark.
— yoori shin (@yoorishin) June 28, 2014
TwentyWonder 2014 – A Carnival of the Mind
Saturday, June 28 | 6 pm – 12 am
TwentyWonder is a curated spectacle of contemporary L.A. culture held annually at the Derby Doll Factory in Echo Park. Save 20% on Tickets! All proceeds benefit individuals born with Down syndrome living in the greater L.A. area. Details
The Eastside Events calendar is for occasional or monthly events. If you would like to publish events more frequently, please contact us about purchasing an Annual Calendar Sponsorship or a featured Eastside Events Listing.