- Police had four persons in custody in connection with a possible gang-related shooting that left one man injured in Mount Washington on Saturday. L.A. Now.
- La Monarca, the Mexican panaderia chain that has been opening some upscale cafes in places like South Pasadena and Santa Monica, is now preparing to open in Boyle Heights’ Mariachi Plaza. Eater L.A.
- Echo Park resident Jeremy Rosenberg has published a new book, Under Spring: Voices+Art+Los Angeles, which was honored with the first book award by the California Historical Association. Heyday.
- Found in Historic Filipinotown: Small Black Chi/DachshundPuppy. Eastside Animals.
- Wanted: The Eastsider is looking for a person who can work a few hours a month work on invoices, account management and some editorial duties. Click here to send your resume.