- CODA, the first solo show from Kerry Hyatt, opens this weekend at Highland Park’s Gold Haus Gallery. Hyatt creates a marvelous overlap in her art, where traditional America (think Cold War) meets street art saturation and typeface. Opening reception is Saturday, October 11.
- Run, walk, or take the Gold Line to the Boyle Heights’ “Bridge to Health” fair this Saturday at Mariachi Plaza. Festivities will kick off with a 5K Run & Munchkin Half-Mile Run, then an afternoon of activities for the whole family including healthy cooking demonstrations. Hosted by the Boys & Girls Club, Primera Taza Coffee House, CD14 and plenty of other sponsors.
- For the world-conscious cinephiles out there the Echo Park Film Center will be hosting their Human Rights Film Festival starting Friday. Featured films include Balka – Women, Drugs and HIV in Ukraine, along with discussions and workshops from other film makers and numerous shorts will dot the schedule. Free event, but donations are welcome.
- Organizers of the Highland Park Independent Film Festival want to unite a community with movie magic. The result is a wide variety of stories and points of view from known and relatively unknown filmmakers.
- Just because it’s Monday doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun. Dream Boys continue their residency at The Echo.
Submit an Event | Buy A Calendar Sponsorship or Featured Event Listing
The Eastside Events calendar is intended primarily for one-time or occasional free and public events in or near the communities we cover. If you would like to post events more frequently, you must purchase a Calendar Sponsorship. Need more exposure? Click here for Featured Events Marketing.