The community garden has been closed, and parents told CBS2 said that they were notified that”several” students got sick. One parent who took his child to Children’s Hospital told ABC 7 that his son and other students got sick after being given mushrooms from the garden.
Superintendent, Michelle King wrote in a statement, “Our thoughts are with these children and their families as we await more information on their condition.” King said the district’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety team is investigating.
The district has also ordered a review of all school and community gardens throughout the district.
— By Lucy Guanuna
- More Silver Lake stories
- Got a story, tip, question or photo to share? Submit it here