- The staff and parents of an El Sereno school want a new pot shop near their Huntington Drive campus shut down. NBC LA says the shop opened about 200 feet from Anahuacalmecac International University Preparatory but city laws require that marijuana dispensaries be located at least 1,000 feet away from schools. The District Attorney says it cannot begin the process of shutting down the store until the LAPD concludes its investigation.
- J. Jon Bruno, Bishop of the Echo Park-based Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles, could be suspended or defrocked over allegations he acted improperly when trying to sell a church property in Newport Beach. L.A. Times
- Even comedians are weighing in on who they would like to see win next Tuesday’s 34th Congressional District election. George Lopez has endorsed Arturo Carmona, one of the 23 candidates seeking to replace Xavier Becerra, who was appointed as State Attorney General. “I met him when he was Bernie’s Deputy Political director,” said Lopez in his endorsement. “That vato is down with a long history of commitment”
- Let’s do lunch at Dodger Stadium. L.A. Times
- L.A. Unified schools, Los Angeles county courts and many state agency offices, including the DMV, will be closed today, Friday, March 31, in observance of the Cesar Chavez Day. Daily News
- Courtney + Kurt Real Estate: 2 New Listings – A Classic Pasadena Estate + A Mount Washington Creative Oasis (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.