- 14th District Councilman Jose Huizar was a big supporter of a $1.2-billion homeless housing bond. But for the past year, a proposed Boyle Heights housing project for mentally ill homeless persons and other tenants has been stuck in a City Council committee Huizar heads. A neighboring property owner has challenged the project, and Huizar in the past has said he has never liked the project because it did not have enough retail space. L.A. Times
- Samuel Christian, a senior at Options for Youth – Highland Park, was named among 14 Grand Prize Finalists at The Music Center’s 29th annual Spotlight program, a year-long scholarship and arts education program.
- A 1927 Silver Lake home with a design inspired by an Italian palace is now for sale for $1.9 million. Curbed L.A.
- For Sale: Glassell Park Craftsman (Sponsored)
- Help needed to recover R6 stolen in Lincoln Heights. Bulletin Board
- Lost in Echo Park: Friendly White/Gray Siamese-Mix Cat. Eastside Animals
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.