BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Botanica has landed in Silver Lake, Eater LA reports. The marketplace, all-day restaurant and food publication is headed by chef/owners and longtime food and lifestyle editors Emily Fiffer and Heather Sperling. The ambiance is filled with natural light, wood, and a green-soaked back patio. Cuisine at the 58-seat restaurant falls on the fresh and light side, with salads, mezze plates and light animal proteins. Botanica is located in the 1600 block of Silver Lake Boulevard in Silver Lake.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Young gun chef Jonathan Aviles is making his mark in the food world by way of Salazar, Eater LA reports. It’s been a few months since Aviles was brought in to take over the kitchen from time-to-time while chef/partner Esdras Ochoa explored other projects. During that transitional period, Aviles has introduced his rendition of the Mexican classic beef dish machaca and increased the amount of Mexican seafood served at the Salazar. Now that Aviles is officially at the helm of the kitchen, what more changes can happen to Salazar’s already choice menu? Salazar is located in the 2400 block of Fletcher Drive.
- A massive food hall named Billie Bird Market is heading to Highland Park, Eater LA reports. The 7,000 square foot, sun-drenched “food and beverage destination” takes over The Hunt Vintage antiques store. Seven tenants are slated to join the hall, although none have been announced just yet. Billie Bird Market is located in the 5300 block of York Boulevard in Highland Park.
- Days may be numbered for Italian restaurant Aroma, which has been in Silver Lake for more than a decade, Eater LA reports. Osen Izakaya is moving in, although there are no details about the menu. Chef owner Min Cho of Nobu, Masa and Maia is at the helm. Expect Osen Izakaya to arrive in early June. Osen Izakaya is located in the 2900 block of W. Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group.
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers