By KELLY ERICKSON
The 9th annual LA Beer Week is now underway with events promoting independent craft beer throughout the county. There are many clusters of breweries around the county but the Eastside boasts some of the area’s most highly regarded craft beer bars, retailers, restaurants and even a couple of breweries.
Celebrating LA Beer Week in your neighborhood (or one near you) is easy – just have a look at these worthy events :
Free DTLA Brewery Shuttle with LA Beer Hop
- Thursday, June 22 at 6pm
- Ever wanted to check out the growing brewery scene in Downtown LA? LA Beer Hop (a brewery tour service) is providing a free hop on, hop off shuttle service between seven of those breweries in the Arts District and Boyle Heights.
Beer & Dinner Pairing with Three Weavers Brewing at Eagle Rock Public House
- Thursday, June 22 at 6:30pm
- Led by Eagle Rock Public House Chef Jerry Su and Three Weavers Brewmaster Alexandra Nowell, the pairing features a five course meal with five unique beers. Tickets are $80 and includes everything for the meal.
Hecho En the Eastside at Craft Beer Cellar
- Saturday, June 24 at 5pm
- Highlights local brewers and artists in the same space with draft beers from Highland Park Brewery, Eagle Rock Brewery, Solarc Brewing, Dry River Brewing and Indie Brewing. The artwork will be curated by the Boyle Heights Area Brand (BHAB) with DJ Spiñorita with a music set.
Beer & Donut Pairing with Donut Friend at Craft Beer Cellar
- Sunday, June 25 from 2-4pm
- Pair your four mini donuts by Donut Friend with four 4 oz craft beers curated to compliment the flavor of each donut. Tickets are $15 for the pairing.
- Monday, June 19 at 6pm
- Led by Dry River Brewing brewmaster Naga Reshi, the Sour Beer crawl takes fans along the Echo Park main drag starting at Sunset Beer Company, then to The Holloway, Bar Bandini and ultimately Mohawk Bend for a VIP tasting. $5 tickets gets you a discount on the beers being poured, the rest is donated to the nonprofit organization Pink Boots Society.
Mythological Creatures Night at Sunset Beer Co
- Thursday, June 22 at 5pm
- Think craft beers named after unicorns, Abominable Snowmen, goddesses, demons… you name it.
Highland Park Brewing + El Segundo Brewing Beer Bros at Sunset Beer Co
- Friday, June 23 at 6pm
- Rub elbows with reps from both breweries while drinking a new collaboration between the two, LA Gold, a West Coast Keller (basically a hopped, unfiltered German style lager). Also on tap will be the official LA Beer Week beer, Unity, which is a collaboration beer amongst LA brewers and coordinated by the Los Angeles County Brewers Guild.
Sip & Savor at Eagle Rock Brewery
- Wednesday, June 21 at 6:30pm
- A unique event featuring five restaurants, five breweries and five courses on a guided one mile “stroll” through the neighborhood. Chat with the brewers and shop/restaurant owners while enjoying a curating pairing of food and beer. Purchase those $47 tickets in advance!
Battle of the Bands at The Hi Hat
- Tuesday, June 20 at 6pm
- Eagle Rock Brewery throws this favorite LA Beer Week event featuring ten craft breweries/businesses duking it out on stage for the grand prize of bragging rights and a Battle of the Bands trophy. Plus all the breweries on the stage have beers on tap. Tickets are just $10 and will likely sell out soon.
Sour & Funky Beer Night at The Hermosillo
- Wednesday, June 21 at 5pm
- Sour beer fans will flock to the Highland Park bar for sour beers from Highland Park Brewery, Sante Adairius, Homage Brewing, Cellador Ales, Beachwood Blendery, Barrelworks, Good Beer Co, Allagash Brewing and more.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers