- LADWP electric customers could receive a credit and potential future savings totalling hundreds of millions of dollars under a proposed legal settlement approved by the City Council. The settlement would resolve three lawsuits that alleged the agency’s transfer of more than $200 million a year to the city’s general fund constituted an illegal tax. L.A. Times
- A 13-year-old Boyle Heights girl who went missing earlier this week showed up at her school Wednesday morning. ABC7
- Former L.A. Mayor Richard Riordan has endorsed Robert Lee Ahn over Jimmy Gomez in the 34th Congressional District runoff election scheduled for June 6. “He will help people immediately by creating more jobs, protecting their health care and focusing on fixing immigration,” said Riordan in a statement. Riordan had previously backed Yolie Flores in the primary election, reports The L.A. Times. The 34th Congressional District includes Boyle Heights, City Terrace, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights, Montecito Heights, Northeast L.A., southern Echo Park and other communities.
- Eastmont Avenue in East Los Angeles was reopened this morning after an armed suspect was taken into custody by a SWAT team, the Special Enforcement Bureau of the L.A Sheriff’s Department said on Twitter.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.