- The L.A. Police Commission determined that the August 2016 fatal shooting of 14-year-old Jesse Romero by an LAPD officer was justified. Romero’s family has filed a civil rights lawsuit over the shooting. KPCC
- An Echo Park pastor who is being detained by ICE is a “repeat immigration violator who has assumed multiple identities and nationalities over the years in order to evade federal immigration enforcement” the agency said. But an attorney for Noe Carias, a native of Guatamala, said the agency has exaggerated the alleged violations, which took place during the 1990s. Daily News
- A large pine tree fell across Tipton Terrace Tuesday night, block access to a few homes on the Highland Park street. ABC7
— Val Gratias (@valeriegratias) July 26, 2017
- The median price of homes sold in L.A. County in June set a new record high: $569,000. That’s up 7.4% from the same month last year and tops the previous record reached in May. L.A. Times
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.