- Three people were injured when their car struck a parked vehicle and a fence in the 500 block of West Avenue 28 in Cypress Park early this morning. ABC7
- Residents of Glassell Park were left to wonder what happened Thursday morning as police and media helicopters hovered overhead amid reports of a standoff between a man and officers following a high-speed police chase. But police left the scene on Weldon Avenue after determining the man was suffering some type of medical problem and that no crime had been committed. ABC7 & MyNewsLA
- After rising sharply for more than two years, the increase in reported crime appears to be leveling off and may even drop slightly by the end of the year, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said in a mid-year report. However, police union officials say crime — including violent crimes and homicides — remain substantially higher than in 2013. L.A. Times & Daily News
- For Sale: Top of Highland Park Hills with Views! (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.