News & Notes From Across The Eastside
- Echo Park Rising has continued to grow even as other local, free music festivals have scaled back or shut down. L.A. Times
- Firefighters knocked down a house fire in the 3800 block of Tampico Street in El Sereno. There were no injuries and the cause was known. LAFD
- Why you should stop complaining about those small, overcrowded Trader Joe’s parking lots. KPCC
- Calling the upcoming solar eclipse “one of the largest driving distractions in years, Caltrans took to Twitter to advise drivers on “how to avoid wrecking your car” during Monday’s eclipse. Topping the list of recommendations: “Don’t look at the eclipse while driving.”
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
A message from Eastside Events sponsor Metro
Go Metro to Nisei Week 2017 in Little Tokyo
Enjoyed by thousands every summer, Nisei Week in Little Tokyo is one the nation’s longest running cultural festivals of its kind. From August 19 to 27, participate in free Japanese cultural events, activities for all ages, and live music and dancing.
The most convenient way to get to the 77th Annual Nisei Week festivities is to take the Metro Gold Line and get off at the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station. Learn more at golittletokyo.com.