News & Notes From Across The Eastside
- Many L.A. Unified students will have to stay indoors during the solar eclipse this morning unless they have a signed parental permission slip allowing them to attend an eclipse viewing event. KPCC
- Follow the sun at these Eastside solar eclipse events. The Eastsider
- An apartment owner in Highland Park and the resident of an El Sereno condominium are among the many people complaining about a big jump in trash hauling and recycling fees being charged a new city franchise system. One of the new fees dings property owners $43.30 if workers have to open a gate. L.A. Times
- A SigAlert was declared this morning when a crash blocked two northbound lanes on the 101 Freeway in Silver Lake for more than an hour. That might have explain the media helicopter hovering overhead. Traffic lanes reopened by 6 am. CHP
- A woman who was directing traffic near Los Feliz Boulevard and Vermont Avenue in Los Feliz was struck by a hit-and-run driver on on Saturday night. The driver was eventually apprehended after being followed by a witness. My News LA
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
A message from Eastside Events sponsor Metro
Go Metro to Nisei Week 2017 in Little Tokyo
Enjoyed by thousands every summer, Nisei Week in Little Tokyo is one the nation’s longest running cultural festivals of its kind. From August 19 to 27, participate in free Japanese cultural events, activities for all ages, and live music and dancing.
The most convenient way to get to the 77th Annual Nisei Week festivities is to take the Metro Gold Line and get off at the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station. Learn more at golittletokyo.com.