- Sean McGinly will direct Martin Starr and Deborah Ann Woll in “Silver Lake,” says The Hollywood Reporter. The film, according Backstage, is about Nathan (played by Starr) and “his search for where he’s going in life” and his “relationships with his eccentric friends in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles.”
- Two vehicles traveling northbound on the 101 Freeway near Silver Lake Boulevard were damaged after being hit by large rocks thrown into traffic lanes. The windshield of one car was shattered and headlight of another vehicle was broken. KTLA
- First-year students at Cal State L.A. and the other CSU campuses who are not prepared for college-level courseworks will no longer be required to take English and math placement exams or noncredit remedial courses. The change will be applied in the fall of 2018 system as CSU adopts new ways to determine a student’s readiness for college. L.A. Times
- For Sale: Spanish Villa in Hollywood Hills (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
A message from Eastside Events sponsor Metro
Go Metro to Nisei Week 2017 in Little Tokyo
Enjoyed by thousands every summer, Nisei Week in Little Tokyo is one the nation’s longest running cultural festivals of its kind. From August 19 to 27, participate in free Japanese cultural events, activities for all ages, and live music and dancing.
The most convenient way to get to the 77th Annual Nisei Week festivities is to take the Metro Gold Line and get off at the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station. Learn more at golittletokyo.com.