- Mayor Garcetti says that the city is in a strong financial position with lots of money in the bank. But rising pension costs will help create an estimated $200 million budget gap within two years and legal settlements and other decisions will only add to the financial costs and pressure on the city. L.A. Times
- J. Jon Bruno, bishop of the Echo Park-based Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles, faces a 3-year suspension over his attempts to sell a Newport Beach church over the objections of its parishioners. Bruno, who has been involved with the Echo Park parish since the mid 1980s, plans to retire by the end of the year.
- What small Boyle Heights businesses owners are doing to stay in business in a changing neighborhood. Boyle Heights Beat
- Enchanting Echo Park Mini-Compound (Sponsored)
- FOR SALE: California Living in Los Feliz ‘The Oaks” Saltwater Pool, Hot Tub, BBQ, Views! (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
A message from Eastside Events sponsor Metro
Go Metro to Nisei Week 2017 in Little Tokyo
Enjoyed by thousands every summer, Nisei Week in Little Tokyo is one the nation’s longest running cultural festivals of its kind. From August 19 to 27, participate in free Japanese cultural events, activities for all ages, and live music and dancing.
The most convenient way to get to the 77th Annual Nisei Week festivities is to take the Metro Gold Line and get off at the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station. Learn more at golittletokyo.com.