- Move That Car: The L.A. Fire Department said that Red Flag parking restrictions will be imposed on Tuesday, for Oct. 24 as forecasts of record-breaking heat have raised the risk of fires. Beginning at 8 a.m. on October 24, all vehicles parked illegally in posted locations will be subject to towing for at least 24 hours. The LAFD will re-evaluate weather conditions during the day Tuesday to determine if the Red Flag Alert will be extended. Go here to find out if you live in a Red Flag Zone.
- Katy Perry vs Nuns: A judge ruled that a pair of nuns opposed to the sale of a former Los Feliz convent to pop star Katy Perry can no longer be part of the legal proceedings. My News LA
- Movie Buzz : How 34-year-old Silver Lake resident Matthew Henick is leading BuzzFeed’s expansion into movie and TV production. N.Y. Times
- Pursuit: The police pursuit of a stolen pickup truck through Downtown L.A. ended when the driver was apprehended after abandoning the vehicle near a Boyle Heights apartment complex. NBC4
- Legal Services: Don’t be Spooked by Wills and Trusts (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Hi Ho Market, Garvanza | Katrina Alexy
Support The Eastsider!
- Got a story, tip, question or photo to share? Submit it here
The Eastsider’s Daily email digest includes all new content published on The Eastsider during the last 24 hours. Expect the digest to land in your in email in box around 7 p.m. It’s free to sign up!
Once you submit your information, please check your email box to confirm your subscription.