Voters in Council District 13 – which includes all or portions of Atwater, Echo Park, Glassell Park, Hollywood & Silver Lake – will cast their ballots on March 5, 2013 to elect a new council representative to replace Eric Garcetti, who is termed out of the office.
Silver Lake resident, Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Board member, neighborhood activist and actor.
|Reuben A. Martinez|
Atwater Village resident, Atwater Village Neighborhood Council board member, real estate agent
Glassell park resident, former Council District 13 senior adviser, former restaurant worker trainer
|Thomas Marshall Penick|
Echo Park resident, community activist, attorney with the State of California
Echo Park resident, President Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council; City Council staffer
* These are individuals who have told the city’s Ethics Commission they plan on raising campaign funds.
- Echo Park neighborhood council leader enters race for Council District 13. The Eastsider
- Silver Lake activist becomes first official candidate in race to replace Councilman Eric Garcetti. Patch
- Echo Park and Atwater residents enter Council District 13 race. The Eastsider
- Council District 13 staffer gives up job as he runs for office. The Eastsider
- Pool grows larger for CD 13 candidates. Los Feliz Ledger
- Council District 13 Map (boundaries may change after July 1, 2012)
- Contributions for 2013 Municipal Election
- Los Angeles Campaign Finance Laws
- Council District 1 Election: Players & Details
This page last updated on Feb. 13, 2012