Quantcast
Thursday, September 29, 2016

Police detain suspect in Echo Park child killing *

Update on Friday, 7:18 am: Police confirm the arrest of one suspect. AP

LAPD spokesman Jason Lee said late Thursday night that he had heard that officers had detained a possible suspect in the shooting death of four-year-old Roberto Lopez in the southern edge of Echo Park. There had been word spreading across Echo Park tonight that police had arrested several male and female suspects and police were preparing to make an announcement Friday. However, Lee said that no one has been arrested or booked and that the investigation remains ongoing. He also added that possible suspects are routinely detained in the course of an investigation. “We do it all the time.”

Meanwhile, the Echo Park Chamber of Commerce is collecting donations online to assist the family of the slain four-year-old.

Image: Front page of La Opinion



Eastsider Advertising

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and on topic and refrain from personal attacks. The moderator reserves the right to edit or delete any comments. The Eastsider's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy apply to comments submitted by readers. Required fields are marked *

*