If The Eastsider wasn’t so busy blogging he would consider going to these upcoming events:
Friday, May 22
* Always & Forever, a play about a girl, her quinceañera and the spirit of a Mexican drug lord, opens at Casa 101 in Boyle Heights.
* Documentary on the maker of “Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap” at Echo Park Film Center.
Saturday, May 23
* Blackhawk helicopter flyover during Cypress Park Memorial Day ceremony.
* Lummis in the house: Suzanne Lummis hosts a Lummis Day Library Series open poetry reading at the Southwest Museum in Mt. Washington.
* Last day to see Glue, Paper Scissors exhibit at Cal State LA in El Sereno.
* A youth film class project, Persistence of Vision: A Look At Murals, Graffiti, Street Art and Tagging in Echo Park and Beyond, at the Echo Park Film Center.
Thursday, May 28
* Touch the Water: A River Play opens on the banks of the Los Angeles River.