An Atwater patio goes from gray to green. LA Times
Boyle Heights library to get a makeover. Curbed LA
Seasonal graffiti in Montecito Heights. Above the City
City Council holds off on pot clinic restrictions. LA Times
Harvesting canned food for a Glassell Park festival. Council District 13
Marshall High gets a new football field. Eastside Eye
$3,075 a month will rent you a Silver Lake duplex designed by a forgotten mid-century architect. Curbed LA
* Pumpkins for Peace – pumpkin carving, face painting & peace walk – in Echo Park.
* Victorian mourning etiquette, spooky stories, and “Mourning Movie Night”at Heritage Square’s Halloween & Mourning Tours (Sat. & Sun).
* Pumpkin painting and a haunted house at the Good Shepard Lutheran School’s Harvest Festival in Highland Park.
* Lecture on the end of the world (Mayan style) at the Southwest Museum.
* Saturday Fantasy Film Festival in Echo Park.
* Seeing Things, an exhibition of ghost Polaroids, at DRKRM Gallery in Glassell Park.