Halloween & Mourning Tours/Photo by Moises Rodriguez
Friday, October 23
* Youth Art Exhibit at Central City Action Committee in Angelino Heights.
* Echo Park Film Center presents the Human Rights Film Festival with films about youth from Honduras and the West Bank.
Saturday, October 24
* Pumpkins for Peace – pumpkin carving, face painting & peace walk – in Echo Park.
* Victorian mourning etiquette, spooky stories, and “Mourning Movie Night”at Heritage Square’s Halloween & Mourning Tours (Sat. & Sun).
* Pumpkin painting and a haunted house at the Good Shepard Lutheran School’s Harvest Festival in Highland Park.
* Lecture on the end of the world (Mayan style) at the Southwest Museum.
* Saturday Fantasy Film Festival in Echo Park.
* Seeing Things, an exhibition of ghost Polaroids, at DRKRM Gallery in Glassell Park.
Tuesday, October 27
* Scary storytelling festival at the Old LA Farmers’ Market in Highland Park.
Go to Eastsider on the Go for updated listings.