Living small: An Echo Park family at home in a 380-square-foot house. LA Times
Living big: An Echo Park family outgrows their two-bedroom house. Curbed LA
Two dead in Lincoln Heights murder-suicide. FoxLA
Roosevelt Roughriders beat Garfield Bulldogs in the 75th annual East LA Classic. LA Times
Atwater Village pot dispensaries ignore city orders to close. AV News
City approves ban on cat declawing. Associated Press
Incoming LAPD police chief tells El Sereno crowd that change is coming to the rank-and-file. LA Weekly
* Take the kids along for a bilingual (English-Spanish) Family Nature Hike through Debs Park sponsored by the Audubon Center.
* Cypress Park honors its vets with a Veterans Day Ceremony.
* Save some time for the Frugality Forum at the Edendale Library.
* Occidental College celebrates Robinson Jeffers Day with poetry, bird watching, bee hive demonstration & performance.
* Silver Lake Art Collective holds an opening reception for their Fall Exhibit.
* The Silver Lake Art Crawl also stumbles through Atwater, Echo Park & Los Feliz (Sat & Sun).
* Edible art: The Back to Basics exhibit at Materials & Applications in Silver Lake ends with a Fish Taco Party.
* Slime mold races, panning for gold, smores & more at Echo Park’s Machine Project Benefit.
* Ofrendas 2009, calavera fashion show and walking altars, at Tropico de Nopal in Echo Park-adjacent.
* Cesar’s Last Fast film screening and fundraiser at El Centro del Pueblo in Echo Park.
Photo by Buz Carter/Flickr