Friday, December 4
* Atwater Village turns on the Holiday Tree lights and turns out for Winter Wonderland.
* Occidental College’s newly revived College Chorus joins the Occidental Glee Club for a holiday concert. (Dec 4 & 5)
* Too Many Tamales begins its holiday run at the Bilingual Foundation of the Arts in Lincoln Heights.
* Christmas carolers stroll through Echo Park.
Saturday, December 5
* Mt. Washington Association holds a holiday canned and dried food drive.
* Assemblyman Kevin de Leon serves coffee and takes comments in Atwater Village.
* Historian Eric Warren signs copies of the new Eagle Rock pictorial history at Read Books in Eagle Rock.
* Sample sodas and Robert Spector’s “The Mom & Pop Store” during a book signing and discussion at Galco’s Soda Pop Stop (featured in the book) in Highland Park.
* Music, pottery and pet photos with Santa at the Made in Echo Park sale and studio open house.
* Artist Jose Lozano leads a loteria-inspired holiday print making class at Self Help Graphics in East LA.
* Santa Claus will be there and pan dulce will be served at the Lincoln Heights Christmas tree lighting.
* Child care center Echo Park Playgroup holds a rummage and bake sale.
* Historic holiday song and dance at Heritage Square’s 15th Annual Lamplight Celebration (Dec. 5 & 6).
Sunday, December 6
* 65th annual Northeast LA Holiday Parade marches through Highland Park and continues with a Winterfest Carnival and Concert.
* Artists sell their wares to benefit the Los Feliz Charter School and its new Glassell Park campus.
Check an updated and expanded Save the Date calendar for a week of Eastside events.
Top photo by C.M/Flickr; Bottom image by Jose Lozano/Self Help Graphics