Quantcast
Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Flower power is getting Marshall High students sick

A few students at Marshall High, which draws youths from Silver Lake and Echo Park, have a learned a lesson in toxic plants. Some property owners near the Los Feliz campus are chopping down their colorful Angel’s Trumpet after a few students got sick eating the parts of the plant, said Capt. Bill Murphy in his LAPD Northeast Division newsletter:

“A few kids that attend Marshall High School have gotten sick
by ingesting a plant called “Angel’s Trumpet.” Apparently, the plant is attractive and is growing in numerous residential gardens throughout Northeast Area. Kids believe that it’s has hallucinogenic properties (could be true – or their bodies are reacting to the poisonous toxins they ingested). The Fire Department brought it to our attention and we are monitoring the issue. Some residences near the school have removed the plants upon our request – thanks for your support.”

The Marshall students are the newest generation attracted by the hallucinogenic powers of Angel’s Trumpet.


Eastsider Advertising

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and on topic and refrain from personal attacks. The moderator reserves the right to edit or delete any comments. The Eastsider's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy apply to comments submitted by readers. Required fields are marked *

*