By Beth Zeigler
Anyone for a bakery on wheels?! Yes please! Mardy’s Munchies, owned by a Montecito Heights baker, delivers desserts (pictured) made from scratch right to your front door. Or, you can scope them out at the El Sereno Farmer’s Market, where you can pick up items like Island Rum Cake and Mad River Rocky Road Brownie. I’m thinking I might just have to wear drawstring pants after visiting their booth. The Sweet Beat
Click on link below for eyelash extensions in Eagle Rock, boutique sales in Echo Park, & Eastside lesbian favorites.
- With all the parking restrictions popping up in Silver Lake recently, I’m thrilled that Silver Lake’s newest eatery will offer valet. Food + Lab has an enticing menu of breakfast choices and a lunch menu that will satisfy almost any craving – plus lunch boxes to-go. Eater
- Eagle Rock goes glam with Roobz Eyelash, setting up digs on Colorado Boulevard. Shop owner Ruby is a licensed eyelash extensions artist and also specializes in skin care and skin rejuvenation. Yelp
- Feeding Birds Boutique has been in business in Echo Park for 100 weeks – which totally calls for a celebration (and a sale). From October 26 – October 31st, all sale items are marked down to $20. Feeding Birds
- For me, Fall in Los Angeles is usually only signified by the appearance of Starbucks red cups. Luckily, Four Cafe in Eagle Rock just introduced their Fall menu with five signature soups to warm us up at night.Feast
- What would shoppers do without boutique week? Pay full price–that’s what. Una Mae’s (located in Los Feliz) is on board with my new favorite holiday with a 25% sale off half the store. Huffington Post
- Who’s cooler than a hipster? Apparently lesbians, according to Gridskipper. Rolling out their guide to Lesbian L.A., a couple of Eastside spots make the list including Highland Park’s Vietnamese joint Good Girl Dinette, where they offer up my favorite Vietnamees dishes like chicken pho and fresh spring rolls.
Send your shopping and store news to Beth Zeigler at [email protected]
Photos courtesy Mardy’s