By Beth Zeigler
Alegria has finally caved – the Silver Lake restaurant is now taking credit cards! No more skimping on a meal and not being able to order one of their yummy desserts or homemade elixirs just because you failed to bring enough cash. Use that plastic – or cash – to sample a handful of new menu items, like Camarones en Chipotle (pictured above) and Smoked Wild Salmon and Eggs. Check out all of their new offerings here.
Click on the link below for more details on eco-friendly paint, sweaty yoga workouts and going-out-of-business sales.
- Frogtown newbie Franky & Johnny’s Seafood Outlet is closing its doors after just one year of business in Elysian Valley, blaming the recession as it says goodbye. The upside? A 30% liquidation sale on all things seafood. Grub Street Los Angeles
- The tides are also turning over for the folks at Bar Keeper in Silver Lake. Now able to line their shelves with liquor, they’ve invited the best bartenders in town to commission recipes to accompany their gift boxes. Bar Keeper
- Even though the lights are turned out at Silver Lake’s Mercado, they’ll still be offering their wares online. RackedLA
- It’s a revolving door of chefs over at Barbarella in Silver Lake. But as long as the new guy, Sean Poplar, can pair the food with the libations, we aren’t counting. EaterLA
- Thinking about an eco-friendly home paint project? Par Paint in Echo Park has got you covered, now offering loads of green supplies to get you started. Par Paint
- Yoga gets beefed up at YAS in Silver Lake. Ripped Yoga, a spin on the traditional class where they take out the chanting and throw in weights for a serious work-out. Brand X Daily
- Support local schools when you shop at Silver Lake Art Craft & Vintage. A bevvy of artist booths and food trucks to keep you entertained this Saturday, October 23 ( 10 AM- 4 PM), Micheltorena Street Elementary School. The Silver E-News
Send your shopping and store news to Beth Zeigler at hello@theEastsiderLA.com
Top photo courtesy Alegria; bottom photo by TypeFiend