Photo by Stephen Allard/Courtesy of El Caserio
By Beth Zeigler
On a recent evening, I met up with some lady friends at El Caserio to talk biz and sip on some uh-mazing soup–perfect for the foggy weather we’ve been having lately. The restaurant is conveniently located right off the 101 Freeway at Silver Lake Boulevard. While I was there, I noticed that they recently started serving Sunday brunch from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. with bottomless mimosas (can I get an Amen)?!
In other Eastside shopping & dining news:
- Still have nothing to wear for those upcoming holiday parties? Echo Park’s Tavin boutique has a 15% off sale this weekend on dresses and gifts starting at $20. Meanwhile, in Silver Lake, the Runway Outlet has marked down many of its fashion items by 20% through Sunday.
- Back in the day, I used to serve up Vietnamese fair at Gingergrass Restaurant in Silver Lake where I learned to distinguish my bun from my pho. And while I haven’t tried Echo Park’s new Southeast Asian fare over at Xoia, their new lunch special offering of half sandwich and soup from noon to 4 p.m. just might get me in their seats.
- This is the first Saturday in a while that I have free to spend any which way I please. It would feel good to cross off some last minute holiday gifts on my shopping list. Dodger Stadium (which is luckily walking distance from my Echo Park home) is hosting ‘The Flea Market’ with a minimal $5 entry fee. Rain or shine this Saturday from 7am – 3pm–if you’re a die hard shopper, you might just need your rain boots and an umbrella.
- If you have “finding best pizza in LA” on your bucket list–look no further. LA food critic, Jonathan Gold, deemed Casa Bianca Pizza of Eagle Rock with this honor back in 1991 and according to Eagle Rock Patch, it still rings true. With cozy 1950s decor and pizza to warm your belly, it sounds like the perfect 3rd date night spot for new couples. Eagle Rock Patch.
- Remember when I ooohed and ahhhed over The Village Bakery’s Thanksgiving menu? No worries–I’m here to remind you. This Atwater spot continues the holiday spirit with a Christmas feast (which skews sweet) and includes some of my all time faves; Gingerbread, Chestnut stuffing and Pumpkin pie just to name a few.
Did we miss something? Send your shopping and store news to Beth Zeigler at [email protected]