Nachos not enough for your Super Bowl blast? Auntie Em’s Super Bowl to Go Menu includes steak and black bean chili for 2 ($13.95), blue cheese and walnut dip ($5.95), and an artisanal cheese platter for 10 ($40). Auntie Em’s Kitchen, Eagle Rock.
In other shopper and diner news:
- Feeding Birds Boutique turns two and celebrates on Saturday (Feb.5) with day of mimosas and a minibrunch, live music and $5 off the organic printed tees in stock. Feeding Birds, Echo Park.
Click on the link for big savings on tennis gear sale and where to order lasagna cupcakes.
- When it comes to carnitas, it’s best not to get your Zamoras Bros. mixed up, warns LA Taco. Make sure your carnitas comes from the Zamora Brothers Carniceria in East Los Angeles if you want the best chunks of fried pork prepared Irapuato-style. Zamora Bros., East Los Angeles.
- Swing into some savings by taking advantage of the 50%-off winter clearance sale on tennis and racquetball equipment this month at The Racket Doctor. Racket Doctor, Atwater Village.
- Eagle Rock cater Heirloom has taken the cupcake into a new realm: lasagna. The best thing about Heirloom’s lasagna cupcakes, one customer tells the Wall Street Journal, is that “because they’re all corners, they’re a wall of crust. Heirloom Catering, Eagle Rock
- Tavin Boutique is celebrating Valentine’s Day with a Wine & Cheese Soiree on the weekend of Feb. 12-13. What could be better? How about 10% off on all vintage lingerie. Tavin, Echo Park.