Shopper & Diner Report
- Atwater Village: Bon Vivant Market may open as soon as this fall with paninis, a cheese station as well as a beer and wine and other prepared and pre-packaged foods. Bon Vivant will open only a block away from another planned market, the Atwater Village Farm. More details in Atwater Village Now.
- Boyle Heights: Guisados, where handmade tortillas filled with thick tasty stews and braised meats dominate the menu, is already drawing celebrities. The restaurant’s Facebook page features a photo “Entourage” star Adrian Grenier stopping by with a “lady friend.”
- Eagle Rock: Boar, anyone? Wildwood, the Eagle Rock-based maker of outdoor wood-fired ovens, will host a $25 per-person dinner featuring slow-cooked, wild boar prepared in the firm’s test kitchen.
- Echo Park: Spacecraft, one of Southern California’s hot restaurant design firms, is responsible for the “industrial chic” style of soon to open Mohawk Bend, the sprawling restaurant and bar on Sunset Boulevard. The L.A. Times said restaurant owner wanted a design to “match the neighborhood’s scrappy nature” as well as feature all-natural materials.
- Highland Park: The York – better known as a late-night gastropub – began serving lunch during the week, said Eater L.A. In this case, lunchtime begins at 10:30 a.m. on weekdays.