The former chef and general manager of some Westside and West Hollywood restaurants has taken over the short-lived Cafe Lobos in Highland Park and plans to serve “contemporary, tapas-style fare” and operate a full bar. Huntley See, who was the general manager of Tart on Fairfax Avenue and head chef of the Office and Micky’s nightclub in West Hollywood, is planning a Feb. 29 grand opening for HPK – Highland Park Kitchen. See is working with Rudy Martinez, who owns the building and operated Marty’s Bar at the location before closing it last year in advance of Cafe Lobos. “We have worked together on re-tooling and re-vamping what we believe this neighborhood is looking for,” See said in an email. That revamping includes a new window that opens up the dining room and bar to York Boulevard.
Click on the link below for more details about the menu – which ranges from Pomegranate Ceviche to Carne Asada Sweet Potato Fries – and drinks.
Submitted by Huntley See:
Our cuisine will have something for everyone, whether you are a light or heavy eater or you simply want delicious straight forward food. Our bar program will have signature cocktails, like the pomegranate mojito and snake eyes martini, selected wines, and draft beers. The ambiance will set the mood for your night out on the town even if you’re stopping by for a quick bite or a late night cap. HPK will have it all for you.
- Signature Eats/Drinks on the menu: (nothing is over $20, including our entrees, and our sig drinks cap off at $10, and we have fun with our bar program. Tall boys served right with brown bags, and sangria made in house, white or red):
- Pomegranate Ceviche – made from scratch, Shrimp marinated in Lemon Juice, lime Juice, and white wine, served w/ pomegranate seeds, pico de gallo, and fresh tortilla chips.
- Carne Asada fries – home made sweet potato or regular fries, topped off w/ carne asada and avocado cream w/ cilantro ranch on the side.
- Pomegranate mojito – Muddled Pomegranate seeds, limes, and mint, shaken w/ rum, simple syrup,and soda water.
- Snake Eyes martini – Muddle orange and jalepenos, shaken w/ hendrick’s gin and a spalsh of Sprite.