News & Notes:
- The fatal shooting outside a Silver Lake area Del Taco on Thursday was connected to a dispute between two men who had attended a graduation ceremony at King Middle School, reports NBC4. Police, however, are still investigating the cause of the shooting.
- Much of the treated water that now keeps the L.A. River flowing would be diverted into underground basins under a plan being contemplated by city agencies, according to the Daily News. The diversion would substantially lower water levels in the river even as city officials pursue a $1 billion plan to revitalize the channel between Griffith Park and downtown for recreational uses. “Maybe 60 years from now we won’t be kayaking on the river,” said Mike Antos, who leads the Los Angeles Basin Water Augmentation Study. “We’ll be mountain biking.”
- Atwater Village horse property hits the market for $999,000 according to Curbed L.A.
- The Rampart Division is asking the public’s help to find a male and female suspected of stealing items from a truck near Sunset Boulevard and Lucille Avenue in Silver Lake.
New In Eastside Property Listings
- For Sale: The Acresite Apartments
- For Rent: Charming and Spacious 1920′s Spanish Style Home in Prime Los Feliz Location
Wtf!? Since when is Garfield hs in Boyle Heights!? #Getitright news lady, they’re in East LA
— Lupitaa Gee ♥ (@elle_gee412) June 6, 2014
Eastside Facts & Figures:
Ernest E. Debs Regional Park