News & Notes:
- El Sereno resident and and cycling advocate Carlos Morales is organizing a “Riff Raff Ride Into San Marino” in response to opposition to proposed bike lanes in the wealthy San Gabriel Valley community, reports the Pasadena Star News. A flyer distributed by a San Marino bike lane opponent said the proposed lanes would allow outsiders “access to our amenities.” Morales is the leader of the Eastside Bike Club.
- A two-bedroom, Mid century Silver Lake ranch house is now on the market for $749,000, says Curbed L.A.
- The owners of the Echo Country Outpost shut down the Echo Park country-rock music space in March because the their Glendale Boulevard building “didn’t have the proper permits and wasn’t zoned for live entertainment,” reports L.A. Weekly. The directors of the venue said they are teaming up with an unnamed nonprofit to hold events in a downtown warehouse space.
New In Eastside Property Listings
- English Country Charmer w/Detached Studio + Hot Tub – New to Market
- For Rent: Sun-Kissed Home with Multiple Patios, Large Yard PLUS Office
— Justin Young (@YoungDocJustin) June 8, 2014
The Eastside Events calendar is for occasional or monthly events. If you would like to publish events more frequently or purchase a featured Eastside Events Listing, please contact us for details.