SILVER LAKE — The sunbaked Silver Lake Dog Park has been closed for much of the day as work began on installing some long-awaited canopies that will provided much needed shade for the animals and their owners.
Jen Byrne, who has been working on the project for several years, said the popular park will be closed intermittently over the next two weeks as the metal and canvas structures are installed and changes are made to the large dog park to make it accessible to the disabled. She encouraged dog owners to use other off-leash dog parks in the area during the closures.
Here’s a schedule of the planned dog park closures:
- Monday 8/25 : 6 am to about 4 pm
- Tuesday 8/26 : 6 am to about 4 pm
- Wednesday 8/27: 6 am to about 4 pm
- Thursday 8/28 all day (until the next morning)
- Tuesday 9/2: 6 am to about 4 pm
- Wednesday 9/3: 6 am to about 4 pm
- Thursday 9/4: 6 am to about 4 pm