- Marketplace on Monday began a week-long series devoted to the economic and social impact of gentrification, with the public radio program focusing on Highland Park. The program’s temporary Highland Park bureau was tagged with the word “Gentrifiers!” when reporters were working on the series. York & Fig
- Speaking of Highland Park gentrification … the Northeast Alliance, which organized last month’s gentrification protests, plans to hold a candlelight vigil on Dec. 13. Northeast Alliance
- Eight members of the Occidental College football team were put on probation after neighbors complained about a noisy “Safari” themed party at an Eagle Rock fraternity house. Occidental Weekly
- Property owners who plan to demolish older structures will be required to notify neighbors 30 days before they can obtain the necessary permits under a new city ordinance. Curbed L.A.
- The L.A. River path has been closed through Elysian Valley after heavy rain was forecast for today. EVNC
- The Eastsider thanks Cheryl Revkin of Echo Park for purchasing a Reader Sponsorship & Benefits Card.
Submit an Event | Buy A Calendar Sponsorship or Featured Event Listing
The Eastside Events calendar is intended primarily for one-time or occasional free and public events in or near the communities we cover. Need more exposure? Click here for Featured Events Marketing.