There’s no escaping the upcoming City Council and School Board elections in this week’s agenda items, including two candidate forums. Also on the agenda: the Homeless Coalition in Silver Lake, Cypress Park’s Taylor Yard Development and Atwater Village’s River Committee.
It’s a good idea to check with organizations to find out if meeting items and times have been changed or postponed. Here are some of this week’s upcoming meetings:
Arroyo Seco/Council District 14
- Candidates for Council District 14 will participate in a candidate forum, Wednesday, February 11 at The Los Angeles Theater on Broadway in Downtown. This is a joint presentation by the Arroyo Seco and Downtown L.A. Neighborhood Councils with moderation by KNBC’s Conan Nolan. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., event begins at 7 p.m.
- The Lincoln Heights Neighborhood Council budget committee will consider motions on Easter hunt supplies, Lincoln Baseball Team, and the Farmers Market. Thursday, February 12.
- The River Committee in Atwater Village will discuss a report from the LAPD on the river, financing for enhanced infrastructure, and more information/possible grant for the riverfront district. Monday, February 9.
- Expect a report from Metro and McCormack Baron Salazar, Inc. on the completed phases for the Taylor Yard development in Cypress Park. Also on the agenda at the Cypress Park Neighborhood Council will be an update on bike and safety workshops. Tuesday, February 10.
- L.A. for Kids Steering Committee has a handful of items on the Arts, Parks, Health, Aging and River Committee agenda. Including motions that impact the Cypress Recreation Center Park Development and the El Sereno Recreation Center Improvements Projects, and Plaza De La Raza in Lincoln Heights, Monday, February 9.
- A full agenda for the Homeless Coalition in Silver Lake, including a request from the neighborhood council to allocate $1,000 to Homeless Health Care, Los Angeles for use of moving homeless persons into permanent housing. Monday, February 9.
- The LA-32 Neighborhood Council will host a candidate forum for the LAUSD District 5 elections. Candidates include Bennet Kayser, Ref Rodriguez and Andrew Thomas for the March 3 primary elections. Wednesday, February 11.
On The Agenda is a round up of upcoming community meetings and public hearings. Did we miss something?Send us the details and a link to an agenda.