Craft Beer Cellar is coming to Eagle Rock. Run by husband-and-wife team and Eagle Rock locals Gabe Paredes and Corissa Hernandez, the bottle shop and tasting room is under construction with plans to launch in late summer, Eater LA reports.
Many Eagle Rock beer drinkers have expressed their support, and an online fundraiser generating $6,370 in ten days. Another bonus: recently redrawn legislation that extended serving hours beyond 9 p.m. on Colorado Boulevard.
When it opens, customers will be able to shop for their favorite beers from around the world or quench their thirst in the tasting room for the 21 and over crowd. Craft Beer Cellar Eagle Rock is located at the 1300 block of Colorado Boulevard.
In other Shopper & Diner news:
- After fours years in Echo Park, Isabelle Dahlin is moving her furniture and interior design boutique deKor from its Sunset Boulevard and Mohawk Street to a more spacious showroom at the 4200 block of Santa Monica Boulevard in Silver Lake starting Wednesday, June 17, according to Racked LA. In celebration of the big transition, the folks at DeKor are hosting a moving soiree with beer, wine and hors d’oeuvres prepared by chef Brandon Boucher on Saturday, June 20, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream in Los Feliz is closed again after the Midwestern ice cream maker discovered Listeria in its facility for the second time this year and stopped production. The company said that it was “confident” that the ice cream served in its stores since they reopened on May 22 “has been safe and is 100% Listeria-free.” The company closed its stores temporarily because it has run out of ice cream. It’s not clear when they will reopen.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
The Reader Benefits Card is honored at:
- Beat Bop Boom 15% discount on anything in the store, including new and vintage music t-shirts, posters, kooky housewares, accessories, and memorabilia.
- El Tres Inn
10% off rack rates year round at any of our three luxury guest suites at El Tres Inn or newly opened “La Casa” vacation home rental. Please email directly to book and get 10% discount. Info@eltresinn.com. Located in the heart of Silver Lake, discreet luxury and an urban oasis.
- Frame Monster
$20 off complete custom picture frame order of $100 or more.
- Hecho Mercado
10% off any retail or food purchase with your benefits card. Hecho Mercado features organic coffee, snacks, unique gifts, papel picado, pinatas, day of the dead, books and gourmet foods all inspired by or from Mexico. Open Thurs- Sun 12p,-7pm. Free Gift Wrapping with all purchases!
- Karen Quick Pilates
1/2 off first private session.
- Luis Lopez Automotive
5% discount on all repairs and services above $100.
- Masa of Echo Park
15% off at Masa of Echo Park (excludes alcohol – good for up to 4 guests).
The retail garden store is offering 10% off any purchase by showing their card.
- Stories Books & Cafe
10% off all books and drinks.
* Fine Print:
- The Eastsider Reader Benefits Card is valid for one year after purchase
- The benefits offered by merchants are subject to change or cancellation at anytime. Those changes may not be reflected on the list above. Please verify the benefits by showing your card to participating merchants BEFORE ordering or making your purchase.
- Please present your card BEFORE placing your order or making your in-person purchase
- The Eastsider cannot be held responsible if merchants decline to offer stated benefits.
- The Eastsider does not endorse or guarantee the items or services provided by participating merchants.