By CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
SILVER LAKE — Firefighters snuffed out a small garage fire this afternoon in the 1400 block of north Coronado Terrace between Montana and Scott streets. One man was injured, but not by fire. He was bitten by a dog after the animal apparently panicked.
Before firefighters arrived, one resident used his garden hose to keep the fire at bay while a neighbor hosed the fire over his fence.
The garage, which the firefighters said had been converted to a living area, sustained minor damage. The cause of the fire, which was reported after 1 p.m., is under investigation.
Four people were home during the time of the blaze, including the male who was bitten and suffered a minor injury on his lower right arm. Los Angeles Animal Services appeared at the scene shortly after the fire to file a report.
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999
The Eastsider’s Daily email digest includes all new content published on The Eastsider during the last 24 hours. Expect the digest to land in your in email in box around 7 p.m. It’s free to sign up!
Once you submit your information, please check your email box to confirm your subscription.